Sunday, April 1, 2012

“I don’t want to not live because of my fear of what could happen.” -Laird Hamilton

I longer I'm in Spain, the harder it is to write and explain what my life is like, especially now, with so much stuff going on.


Two weekend s ago I went to Sevilla to visit Noelle. I got to skip school on Friday to take a 8 1/2 hour bus ride. Going there wasn't too bad, the bus had wifi, so I kept myself amused.

Sevilla is a gorgeous city!! And hanging out with Noelle was the greatest!! She took me to all the major tourist spots in Sevilla, we went shopping, and we went to the beach!


The Cathedral in Sevilla was probably my favorite tourist place, it's the third biggest church in the world and stunning.

The Cathedral from a distance.
After that I really liked the Plaza de Toros, which is the bull fighting ring.. no, I did not see a bull fight (though I'm planning on going to one before I leave). I did see the police practice jumping with their horses, but not normal jumps. Nope they were jumping tables and fences.




Other then that going to the beach and being able to hang out with Noelle were the major highlights in the trip. When we went to the beach, we met up with another exchange student living close to Sevilla, Solomon (who's from Oregon). It was a great day of dong nothing, walking around the city looking for a place that had burgers (then finding one and realizing no one was hungry), and laughing practically the whole time.


The weekend ended way too soon.



Last weekend, my friend had another sleepover. We got to stay out later then normal, we ate a ton of food, barely slept, and had a great time.





And finally this weekend I went to León with my volleyball team. We got out of school at 12:00 to eat lunch, we had to be in the train station at 2... our coach made it clear that we would not be able to go if we walked in the station at 2:01. My friends and I walked in at 1:58. :)

We had a game at 8:00 that night, we lost :/   We played really good, the other team was better. Full of big hitter, one of the player was being recruited for the national team.

Then that night we were really smart and stayed up until 2:00am talking....  The next we had our second game and lost again. The first two sets, we played badly (might of had something to do with the lack of sleep) but the third one (we woke up) we should have won.  The referees were bias and called us on the silliest things (touching the net when no one touched, two touched on the ball when there was only one, the ball was in when it clearly was out). So that kinda sucked.

My team


After the last game, we went on did touristy stuff in León (just for meee!). There's a central street and León has a pretty famous Cathedral that was pretty (but not as pretty as the one in Sevilla). And after we looked at that we went to a mall and went shopping. :D

My team

What my team is really like <3


Tomorrow at 6:30 pm I leave with my grade to ITALY!! So it's going to be at least two until the next post.



Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment